Much like our team on the ice, Canucks Sports & Entertainment is looking to the future, building an off-ice team composed of people willing to bring their A-game everyday, take big risks, and change the rules of the game. We are a team who does what it takes to make things happen both on and off the ice and most importantly, we create unforgettable moments that unite us all.
It has been a long 18 months since we have hosted fans at Rogers Arena, and we are excited to create memorable moments for our fans and guests once again. We are now inviting enthusiastic, passionate individuals to join our event staff team and be part of the excitement during Canucks games, Warriors games, and concerts at Rogers Arena. We can’t wait to meet you!
Event Housekeepers are responsible for ensuring that Rogers Arena remains clean and safe for our fans throughout games, concerts, and events. This is a part-time, hourly, events-based position. A typical shift includes:
- Maintaining the cleanliness and safety of the seating and public areas throughout Rogers Arena during an event
- Directing and assisting our guests with any service-related issues
- Other duties as required
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Must be able to safely lift 35 lbs.
- Must be able to complete bending motions to undertake floor maintenance
- Must be able to work with the various cleaning solutions with the appropriate personal protective equipment
- Must be able to work in a noisy and crowded environment
- Ability to learn and manage various programs including emergency response system, crowd control, lost children, alcohol program, etc.
- Ability to learn WHMIS system, use of cleaning tools/equipment, and use of a radio
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Experience in a housekeeping role and WHMIS training
- Experience in working with the general public in a service-oriented role
- Knowledge of or interest in sport and entertainment events
- Non-Canadian residents must hold a valid work permit expiring no earlier than October 2022
- First Aid certificate is an asset
- Fluency in a second language in addition to English is an asset
Vancouver is one of the most diverse cities in the world and Canucks Sports & Entertainment strives to create a workforce that is inclusive, equitable, and represents our beautiful, unique community. We value unique perspectives, ideas, and creativity that support a diverse, inclusive, respectful, collaborative, and fun work environment. Canucks Sports & Entertainment is committed to building and supporting a diverse team.
Canucks Sports & Entertainment (CSE) is committed to taking all reasonable precautions to provide a safe and healthy environment for all employees, fans, 3rd party partners, volunteers and other visitors to our workplace. Large indoor gatherings are an essential component of our operations. As such, it is a condition of this employment that successful candidates be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and provide confirmation of vaccination status prior to their start date, subject to any approved reasonable accommodation.
This position will remain open until filled.
CLAC, LOCAL 501 BARGAINING UNIT POSITION
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
Preferred: Hepatitis B Vaccinated , Hepatitis B Booster 1, Hepatitis B Booster 2